Who we are
Soul-Xpressions is a Non-Government youth development Organization based in Uganda, East Africa. Created in October 2012 and legalized on 20 July 2015, Soul-Xpressions was founded by Sebulime Elisha Davis an artist and creative facilitator together with Mugisha Frank, Edgar Kanyike, Musiime Ivan and Hamza Primo former students of In Movement: Art For Social Change.
The Organization’s grand objective is to explore, create and share an education model that uses arts and sports tools to recognize, nurture and develop competences in the Spiritual, Emotional, Mental and Physical faculties/intelligence of our human
experience, and bridge the gap between the formal and non-formal learning and teaching tools.
Soul-Xpressions’ team has a wealth of experience in the field of youth work and non- formal education stretching back from 2010 with In Movement: Art For Social Change, and has been part of various local and international youth development projects and initiatives.
NGO Registration NO. INDR13211607NB (Indigenous Organization)
PIC no. 919182186 (EU Account)
EID – UG-2017-FRT-1712881665 (PADOR)
A cohesive community of open minded, resourceful and self-aware individuals in Uganda
Creating safe environment(s), which engages children and youth to discover their identities and develop social and economical skills through Arts, Sports and non-formal education methodologies.
Youth and children have enhanced understanding of their unique talents and skills.
Youth have developed creative arts and sports skills for social and economic opportunities.
Soul-Xpressions is a sustainable organization.
The principles, values and qualities we believe once well developed and upheld within us, can lead to great awakening, resourcefulness and compassion in pursuit of our individual life-purpose and service to others.
- Respect: The ability and awareness to be willing to listen again and give another chance to self and others for clarity and understanding.
- Reflection: The ability to look back to collect and correct to integrate and reconcile the past and the present to create the future
- Integrity: Who you are when no one is around. The ability to embrace and show your authentic and truthful self.
- Effort: With effort, determination, commitment, we can all realize our dreams, we will get the reward.
- Community service: The ability to make others feel recognized, valued and worthy and nourishing the spirit of cooperation
- Empowerment: To remember our light and power while reminding others of theirs, to build and grow our potential while allowing for the forming of a society where our diversity is our strength and a call for celebration of life and beauty.